JONATHAN SEARY DEVELOPMENT


www.jonathanseary.com
message
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1.31.2011

FRANCIS BACON

PhotobucketI was showing Nicholas some of my current work for the MGM project and was discussing the reasons why I was doing the photo montage of the modern gentlemen in the eyes of the people I have asked. We were looking at the preliminary collages and he commented it reminded him of work that the painter Francis Bacon... does. At that moment I looked him up, and he was quite correct in his thinking, there was some of bacons work staring at me in the face and it did mirror what I was doing within my work at the moment, its strange sometimes that you don't even realise your work is reminiscent of something else. Bacons work however is really interesting, its quite dark and emotive work. The work is also very graphic, in the terms of the grid it is within and the colours he uses. This particular piece above is a self portrait which is an interesting way to view yourself.