JONATHAN SEARY DEVELOPMENT


www.jonathanseary.com
message
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3.08.2011

THE CORE - EMBOSSED POSTER

I am really starting to warm to the idea of an embossed poster, I have been playing about with embossing at the moment, and how you can emboss layers and the effects it gives. I like the idea that the posters for the installation are all done with embossing, as the piece is sound based, I want to portray the image of sound imprinting itself onto paper, through physical ways, and not just printing with ink. I also like the link between the subtlety of the sound piece that I did and how sometimes you could hear it around the building and sometimes you couldn't, mirroring this with the embossing, which sometimes can be seen clearly and sometimes not depending on the light. Anyway hopefully this will be done soon, but at the moment i' focusing on getting my head round a new self initiated, while also carrying on with the modern gentleman work.