JONATHAN SEARY DEVELOPMENT


www.jonathanseary.com
message
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3.24.2011

FACILITY FOR THOUGHT - FIRST OUTING

PhotobucketYesterday I went out and bought some plain white stickers, to proceed with my 'facility for thought' work. I have been printing all different versions today, until I got the right design for the job. Once this was done, I went out to a place near where I live, where there are two massive blocks of concrete... I think they are there to stop cars or something? I find them interesting structures however useless they are, and so I thought it was apt that this be the first piece that would be branded with a 'facility for thought' label. Its interesting, because with just this small piece of paper, the context of the block is changed completely, which I guess is the point to this whole section of work. Im going to carry on with this, just to make things clear, this is not graffiti. The stickers are degradable so will slowly disappear and are meant as a vehicle to look at things differently. I am also looking to do a poster, that keeps this simple idea in its sights.