JONATHAN SEARY DEVELOPMENT


www.jonathanseary.com
message
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3.10.2011

SELF MADE - THINGS TO THINK ABOUT

I am at the moment setting in stone the idea for my new self initiated, and am starting to think of things that I can make and then give the instructions to someone so they can make it themselves, there is two ways that I want to go about this, one is to design something like a chair or a table and then give the instructions away to it, this is very in the style of Enzo Mari, and brings up all he was talking about with his autoprogettazione projects. I was then thinking about the mass consumers that the western world is and maybe confronting that, by getting say a sandwich that is all nicely wrapped and priced at around 2.50 or 3.00 pounds then to get all the ingredients and see how much it would be to make it myself, then to give this information away to people in the hope it shows what they spent on something as little as a sandwich, and how they could make the quality better and be more cost effective.

These are both idea that I am trying to think around at the moment and ways of using them as solid workable ideas.