JONATHAN SEARY DEVELOPMENT


www.jonathanseary.com
message
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

4.05.2011

CORE 80 - ASFS

PhotobucketThis week I am concentrating on getting the ASFS work done. The main concept behind the project was all about the noises that happen around you in certain spaces, and being at the epicentre of this, after talking to Sadhna about it all, I am now evolving this into something more advanced... I am making the 80 second track that I composed available to a range of different people to play in spaces they find and see how the atmosphere changes. For this I am going to make a pack, with the sound in a CD format, a small book/magazine, a poster and possibly some form of installation to have in the space. I am planning to do the work this week, as I have a clear idea in my head of what I want to do. I am taking the idea of embossing forward, and am working with the method in my final ideas. Think it is appropriate way of visually representing sounds, as it in an indent and not a mark of ink, almost so the sound is pushing through the paper. Also with embossing it disappears in certain light, which is also what the sound does that I composed, when you move about the building, the sounds fade in and out. Here is a start to the work with some initial designs for the CD sleeve, with this design echoing all the way through the work.

Photobucket