JONATHAN SEARY DEVELOPMENT


www.jonathanseary.com
message
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

4.20.2011

PIN UP GIRLS

I have been thinking about pin up girls, and how there was or still maybe is a trend for this pin up movement. A pin-up girl, also known as a pin-up model, is a model whose mass-produced pictures see wide appeal as popular culture. Pin-ups are intended for informal display, e.g. meant to be "pinned-up" on a wall. Pin-up girls may be glamor models, fashion models, and actresses. The pin up link is another thing that I want running through my work, but in using old vintage pin up girls and their photos I want to breathe new life in to them, and abstracting them into something different. All current and old lads mag's or the ones that are called gentleman's magazines feature these pin up style girls, and within the double page spread of my newspaper that is what I want to replicate.