JONATHAN SEARY DEVELOPMENT


www.jonathanseary.com
message
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

11.12.2010

THE FREEDOM OF STRUCTURE

I am currently thinking of things to produce as my final piece for my dissertation and is proving more difficult than I had thought it would be, basically however I think after my discussion on thursday with the group, and looking at the 'no waste' book by pentagram, I have come to a conclusion of having something within quite a structured format, such as a book, I know maybe it is an obvious thing to do, but its obvious because it makes for such a great artifact, and physical thing to read out of. I dont know weather the book will take a normal format or a slightly different format, but i feel setting myself this rule, like the rules that are set out within improvisation all the time, my work will be pushed forward, and i feel i want to do something within the book that is a little different and somehow connects with the user in some form, check back for updates, there will be plenty more...