JONATHAN SEARY DEVELOPMENT


www.jonathanseary.com
message
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1.06.2011

JEFF HORTON 100 CLUB

"I knew people would be up in arms but the last thing I want to do is let my creditors down. I am acutely aware of how tatty the club has become. It always was a sweaty basement but, even by those standards, it is starting to look bad. There are broken chairs, the pictures need replacing and there are holes in the dancefloor. I don't want it to die a lonely painful death. If I have to I want to put it to sleep with dignity, like a faithful old pet."

This quote was taken from a recent article on the closure of the 100 club in the independent, this club obviously means a lot to many people from britain, and i'm sure worldwide. This is reminiscent to the closure of CBGB's in New York in 2006, Did its closure though only make it more of a legendary venue, there was a film made about it and all, maybe the 100 club will become a Hollywood blockbuster hit sooner than we know it...