JONATHAN SEARY DEVELOPMENT


www.jonathanseary.com
message
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3.07.2011

THE CORE - EMBOSSING

PhotobucketI have been looking at the process of embossing for 'the core' work that im doing at the moment, and how I can use it within the work. I have been developing ways of using it, and why I am using it within the work. There is a simple reason to why I want to use it within the work...

This is because the sound piece that I constructed was 1 minute and 20 seconds long, or 80 seconds. I then want to use,

0 - 8 - 16 - 24 - 32 - 40 - 48 - 56 - 64 - 72 - 80

as my intervals at which one of these number will be shown, to show the progression of the time. With the time a underlying factor, but not a visual factor within the installation, I wanted to use embossing to show this, because when one of these numbers is embossed it means you can see it, but in some lights it will start to disappear, and is not as apparent on the page as ink is. I also think visually it will be really subtle. I guess just like time ticking away.