JONATHAN SEARY DEVELOPMENT


www.jonathanseary.com
message
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3.09.2011

SELF MADE - SELF INITIATED BRIEF 2

I am now moving on to my next self initiated brief, this is being named 'SELF MADE' here is the brief that I have written for myself. I have written this as a starting point, which im sure like any brief will, evolve and change, however it will have the same essence that I writing here.

SELF MADE

In times present, there is a constant need to buy need things, due to the fact that objects either become old, or they break. This means that either the product itself is badly made, or the desires of the user has changed from what it once was. If given the choice to buy a product then remake it to its exact specifications will the user prolong the life of the object that they have made?

BRIEF

'Design a product that is used within day to day life and make guidelines of producing the same object that empower the user to make the product themselves over and over. Giving them the option to refine and customize the original design.'

CONSIDERATIONS

What object is worth concentrating on that is used within everyday life that could be reproduced, to high standards be anyone.

The limitations of time and money when people are making their own product form the guidelines.


READING/RESEARCH/EXPERIMENTATION

All these things will unfold along the way.

STAGES

This brief I am aiming to have done within the two week time frame, so that I can move on to other related or totally different subjects after this one has been completed.

As well as starting this new brief I will be carrying on with the 'Modern Gentlemen' work and be refining the set briefs to a greater extent, so the work becomes more mature and professional. But for the time being I shall be concentrating on the notion of SELF MADE.