JONATHAN SEARY DEVELOPMENT


www.jonathanseary.com
message
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3.20.2011

FACILITY FOR THOUGHT - THE INFORMATION

Today I have been trying to design the stamp for the Facility For Thought work, however it is a lot harder than I imagined. I have been trying to strip the design of it right down, so it is purely there for a function and not for how it looks. This is a very clear design choice I am making due to the fact that if I over design it then it will come more about the stamp and less about its use. Which defeats the point of the work. Anyhow I have been thinking of what information to put on the stamp too and these are the main things that are going to be on there.

FACILITY FOR THOUGHT
DATE
EXPLANATION OF THOUGHT
MADE BY


All these factors are important, this is because the date is there as a time stamp, of when the piece got recognised, and branded as art. The explanation of thought is there so if someone wants to explain why they think this object or thing is of merit they can. Finally made by is there so that someone can put a name or signature to it, much like that of R. MUTT (Marcel Duchamp) for the urinal work.

I am also still toying with the idea of the stickers, maybe I will do a stamp and a sticker, just for good measure, I am also pondering the idea of a small book to accompany it.